Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GMC 2011: my ck engine light on Yukon xl 2011 have 56700 mmiles

Customer Question

my ck engine light on Yukon xl 2011 have 56700 mmiles on it. I bought this thur a chev dealer who bought it a auction. it also discharges occisonally and the cd player don't work never has. only had this car 3 1/2 years
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
When the check engine light comes on, that means there are codes stored. There are about 700 possible codes. I cannot diagnose why the CEL is on unless I at least know some symptoms. If there are none then I will need to know the code. Most parts stress scan for free.
When you say discharges, are you saying the battery dies while off. If so then we need to have the battery and alternator tested prior to doing a draw test. Can you have these checked first prior to our next steps.
You want a excellent 5 star answer & I would like to be rated the same for providing it. Consider I don't know your skill level & I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies. Try your best to respond with good detail so I can do the same. I normally log in at 3pm and work late. A rating is required. Your rating me, what I type. I am not an employee of this website, nor have control over the fees or the time it took to get a response. If you rate negative or not at all you still paid, but I get nothing. I want you pleased with me and my efforts, so let me know if your experience here has come up short.
Thanks Chris