GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GMC W4500: I have an GMC W4500 No start.

Customer Question
Hello I have an GMC...
Hello I have an GMC W4500 No start.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
5/14/2015
GMC Mechanic: Pete, GMC Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Pete, GMC Mechanic
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
If the engine is cranking over but not starting check and see if the fuel filter is plugged up.In allot of cases I find this as a common cause and had to replace it.I would start with this here and let me know.If the engine is not cranking over with the starter let me know.
Thanks Pete

It does crank. The problem started when they ran it out of fuel. So far I have drained tank. Installed new filter. Primed with hand primer. Seems like there is not enough fuel pressure at injectors. If I loosen nuts on injectors one at a time and crank it does not spray fuel. More of a water fountain type run out between nut and line. I have cranked and hand pumped. And still no better. I feel it's the pump. Or something restricting the flow.could the computer be bad? Where is the fuel shut off soleinoid? I have no power at the one electric plug on pump.

Pete, GMC Mechanic