GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GM terrain: I changed the oil in my gfs terrain did everything

Customer Question
Hi I changed the oil...
Hi I changed the oil in my gfs terrain did everything how I'm supposed to and now she has list acceleration and the top end of the engine is ticking
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: GMC
5/9/2015
GMC Mechanic: Randy, Auto Specialist replied 2 years ago
Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified automotive professional with over 25 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
I am sorry to hear that happened. What type oil and filter did you use?
Did you use any other additives?
How many quarts of oil did you put in?
I used 5w 30 and the cartridge filter the car calls for no additives
Aldo now I have noticed a loss of power and when u switch from automatic to manual the plus an minus button do not work
okay, if the engine detects a problem with the oil pressure it will cause those symptoms. I would try another oil filter first. I have seen oil filters that were defective. If the oil filter does not correct the issue then it will be a more serious problem.
Tried that already checking fuses now
okay, it may be coincidental and another issue just happened at the same time that you changed the oil. It will be good to check the obd system for codes.
It ran fine after I changed oil started today on her way home and scanned car no codes came up
Like I said liss of acceleration
Okay, sorry about this, I am out of ideas. I will open the question and let the other experts take a look at it. Thank you for your patience.
Randy
Randy
Randy, Auto Specialist