Chris (aka-Moose), GMC Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

GMC Sierra 2500 HD: My key won't rotate to the accessory position

Customer Question

My key won't rotate to the accessory position - right now I need to disconnect the battery when I park just to avoid the battery from draining
Category: GMC
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for seeking us for help.
Below is the test to follow for the battery drain issue.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/01batterydrain.pdf
On the accessory position, remove the ignition switch and retry. If the key can still not turn to this position. Then I believe its a damaged linkage between the tumbler and ignition switch.
-
It may take me 1-2-3-etc... responses to get the information I need resulting in giving you the answer you need. I'm not there to see, smell, feel, or hear so I need good information/explanations to return a good answer. My normal hours online are 3pm-3am. There are 2 services your receiving 1: from Just Answer whom has already collected the deposit/question value 2: from me (not an employee of the website & I have no control over anything except what I type.) You will be asked to RATE THE SERVICE, your rating me, my response, not the website, rating has no effect on your payment, and it DOES NOT close the post. A rating IS REQUIRED, if you can't complete the required rating today, let me know why so I can get you exactly what's needed.
Thanks Chris