Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

1984 gmc vandura 3500 lindy motor home. Rear 4 way flashers

Customer Question

1984 gmc vandura 3500 lindy motor home. Rear 4 way flashers won't work. All other lights work.turn and stop lights on same wire.
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.
My info is limited on your model here but I see no one else has responded and thought I would see if I can help here.
On some models the flashers use a separate flasher relay then the turn signal flasher relay,if this flasher relay is failing this type of fault here will occur.I would check the 4 way flasher relay and see if it needs replaced to correct this here.
Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is the thing. The front flashers work fine. I can hear the 4 way relay

working. Right and left front flashing. The turn signals, front and rear are working. How can the rear flashers not work. They are on the same wire as the turn signals.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I am following up with you to see if you still needed help with your question you had asked.If my help didn't satisfy your question please let me know so we can continue.
Thanks Pete
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay as I was off line the last few days.
Has anything after market been wired into your vehicle at all?
Let me know,thanks Pete.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No after markst installed. I checked the flasher before I contacted you.

check the flasher is no help.

I did find the tail light wire are connected to a trailer option wire Run on the drivers side ,connection behind the door.

Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
If you disconnect the trailer wiring and put the vehicle back to the factory wiring does this correct the fault?