GMC

GMC Troubleshooting Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers

GMC

GMC: 2001 GMC sierra ABS code c0265 what could be the prob

2001 GMC sierra ABS code...
2001 GMC sierra ABS code c0265 what could be the problem?
9/30/2012
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Hello, I'm Cam.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

That code is for the relay soldered to the main board of the ABS system. When the contacts in it fail, this code is the result.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Often it is found when the pump motor stays running all the time, but it can be when the contacts fail to make contact.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

If you just got the truck then look to see if the 60 amp ABS fuse is still in place.

Customer:

Have had truck sence new.Could it be a bad ground. If not what is the fix?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

It could be as well. The ground strap is under the drivers door on the frame. Take those off and clean then to bare metal.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

If the ground is good, and the motor on the ABS unit is good, then getting your circuit board on the abs module repaired is the best option. www.modulemasters.com is the site.

Customer:

Anything else?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

No, I am certain it is one of those,

Customer:

How do I know if ABS motor is good?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

That you can take the to wire connector off the module under and put a power and ground to it. If the motor turns, then it is good

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Do you have more questions on this? '

Customer:

Truck has over 200000 miles on it. Should I install a New ABS module?

Gm Tech (Cam) :

No, I would only get yours fixed. That is the only fault I have ever seen and the price of a new module is expensive. The repair is cheap enougf.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

eenought.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

dang, I cannot type tonight.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

enough.

Customer:

Thats all THANKS!!

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Have a wonderful weekend.

Gm Tech (Cam) :

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have.

Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
www.modulemasters.com

Have not been able to work on truck

OK, let me know when you do.
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam)
Gm Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic