Dave Nova
Dave Nova, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

GM Yukon XL: Service Stabilitrak light comes on when idling

Service Stabilitrak light comes on when idling on 2010 GMC Yukon XL , with codes P2135 A/B. Cannot drive when this happens.
Any ideas on how to correct? I have reset the codes twice in 2 weeks each time the stabilitrak service light is cleared and we are able to drive the vehicle.
Hello and thank you for using Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you with your GMC problem.

The P2135 code sets when the difference between the TP (throttle position) sensor 1 and TP sensor 2 exceeds a predetermined value for greater than 2 s. The throttle position sensors are built into the throttle body and cannot be serviced separately. Check the electrical connection at the throttle body and inspect the wiring harness coming off the throttle body for any defects. If the wiring and connector look okay then the throttle body will need to be replaced to correct the problem.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Your response did not explicitly address the Service Stabilitrak alarm. Should I assume that the proposed action will resolve Stabilitrak alert?

When the trouble code sets in the engine control computer, the traction control system is automatically disabled and the stabilitrak light will come on. When the problem is repaired, the code will no longer set and the light will no longer come on.