Pete, GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM training and dealer tech for 14+ years. Diagnostics
14928985

GMC Envoy Denali: 2006 GMC Envoy stabilitrak service light

2006 GMC Envoy stabilitrak service light came on, what does this repair take and what does GM charge to service this?
Category: GMC
Expert:  Pete replied 5 years ago.
Hello,I will be glad to try and assist you with this,Welcome to Just Answer.

Hi.

The first thing that should be done here is to have the fault codes checked by a shop or dealer in the computer systems in this vehicle especially the ABS and suspension computers.

Once this has been done then it can be diagnosed as to what is at fault and what needs done to repair the fault.

This message/light will come on when a fault has been detected in the suspension and stability system and may be a number of components at fault that are causing this.

To diagnose a dealer will usually charge about an hours labor or around $100 and then repair can vary depending on what is found at fault anywhere from $50 to over $1000.

Let me know if you need anything else,click accept if you feel satisfied with your answer as this is how I get credited for my time,Thanks Pete!