GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have a 2017 Tahoe, & the volume for the radio & car play…

Customer Question
I have a 2017...

I have a 2017 Tahoe, & the volume for the radio & car play is not working, as in no sound whatsoever, however the navigation directions are coming through the speakers. I have tried turning off the car, & opening the doors a few times, connecting different phones, but nothing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

That’s what my thought is as well, however I was unsuccessful in figuring out which fuse is the correct one to check for this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Tahoe yourself? What have you tried so far?

The above is what I’ve tried, but I’ve also got to get somewhere.. I’m attempting to.. but I would like to check the fuse if you could direct me in which one is the correct one for this issue. I’m knowledgeable when it comes to car wiring, etc..

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, I’d just like to know which fuse is the correct one to check

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GM
4/1/2018
GM Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 3 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online. 

I am reviewing your request and will post in a moment.

I am sorry for the delay.

The fuse that runs the radio is the same one for the sound through the nav and such. So that tells me its a software issue.

What you need to do is first take the battery cables off. This should reset the system and may correct the issue temporarily.

The fix will be to have the software updated at a dealer. There are several cumulative updates so this issue is likely covered in the bundle of software updates.