GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

My GMC Yukon made a humming sound like a fan when I crunk it…

Customer Question
My GMC Yukon made...

My GMC Yukon made a humming sound like a fan when I crunk it up, it stopped shortly after. What could this be?

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Yukon?

2007

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it just happened trying to find out what could it possibly be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did have a/c work done on it a few weeks ago

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GM
3/28/2018
GM Mechanic: Mike V., Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician

My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question Thanks.The site will prompt a call.I will let you know if it's necessary

It sounds like the fan clutch was working when you first fired it up. This happens once in a while and then it will slow down or shut off. It could possibly be related to the a/c work or it could just be the temp was high enough to make it kick on. I would not think it's a problem unless it becomes very consistent, then I would have it checked, but it would usually also cause the check engine light to come on if it's a problem.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to earn a 5 star rating from you.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, you do when you rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings. Your question does not close after you rate. You will still be able to contact me by replying to this post.
Thank you so much!