GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

THE CHECK SUSPENSION SYSTEM LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON AND NOW…

Customer Question
THE CHECK SUSPENSION SYSTEM...

THE CHECK SUSPENSION SYSTEM LIGHT KEEPS COMING ON AND NOW THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON MY 2008 GMC DENALI

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?

IT COMES ON AND STAY ON AND IT WILL GO OUT AND COME BACK ON .IT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS FOR ABOUT 2 WEEK. THE CHECK ENGINE LITE CAME ON YESTERDAY

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '08 GMC?

YUKON

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO NOT FIXING MY SELF .TRYING TO FIND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

CAN I STILL DRIVE BEFORE MONDAY WHEN I TAKE TO THE SHOP

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GM
3/25/2018
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 3 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

I can't really give you any guidance on this without a scan tool to retrieve trouble codes.

I can tell you that the suspension message and the check engine light are almost certainly unrelated to each other, it's likely two different issues, one having to do with the emissions system, the other having to do with the suspension.

You can drive this vehicle normally. The suspension issue usually stems from a problem with the air compressor that levels the rear end, or one of the sensors connected to that system. It does not make the vehicle dangerous to drive. The check engine light is also not a problem, the car has redundant systems, whatever is causing the check engine light to illuminate, the computer can compensate for it and allow the car to run until you can get it serviced.

Don't worry about it, just go ahead and drive it until you can get it to the repair shop.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.

I GIVE HIS RATE A 10 BECAUSE HE EASED MT MIND ABOUT DRIVING MY TRUCK UNTIL I GET IT TO THE SHOP

Thank you, ***** ***** on the stars at the top of the page to rate my answers. 5 stars is the best for me!

:-)

Thank you!