GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have a 2005 Yukon Denali and I just had the gas gauge

Customer Question
Hello I have a...

Hello I have a 2005 Yukon Denali and I just had the gas gauge fixwd where they dropped the tank to fix the gauge , but now I can't put gas in the truck , it keeps coming back out the nozzle and shutting the pump off?

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Not a gas hogg, starts gr8!

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I sent it a mechanic! Nothing yet!

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GM
3/24/2018
GM Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is a system automated prompt , not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Ok wherever you took it the return or feed line has a restriction from the install weather that be a kink in the hose or a rag in the tank or something along those lines, they will have to remove the tank again to find the restriction and repair it