GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I smell antifreeze, the windshield on the right side is

Hi, I smell antifreeze...

Hi, I smell antifreeze, the windshield on the right side is fogged and the passenger side window is fogged

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?

No leaks, heat and defrost putting out warm air

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2007 hummer h3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, need some advice

3/22/2018
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

All signs point to the fact that you may be needing a new heater core.

Really, how complicated will that be?

It is fairly complicated. The dashboard has to be removed, and the center console if equipped, then the heater case needs to be removed so the core can be replaced. The ac system does need to be evacuated and recharged as well. Book time is 7.0 hours to replace it.

Is there any other way besides replacement?

There is no other way to access the heater core. They do make stop leak pellets that can be put in the radiator, but I would never recommend using those. That is something you could try if you wanted to .

Well, I won't try it if you don't recommend using them. Will this affect the air conditioner, as well?

No it does not affect the ac system.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

1. I am a FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and also answer questions here on Just Answer.

2. When you are pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me by clicking on the stars.

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to ask follow up questions.

Thank you for using Just Answer and allowing my to assist you!

Thanks for the advice

You are welcome. Please take a quick second to rate my assistance with the stars above. Then please feel free to bookmark this page and come back if you have follow up questions or need some more info. Thanks.

Customer Satisfaction is my #1 goal!

EricFromCT
EricFromCT, ASE Certified Technician