GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I just replaced a front axcel/ CV joint on a 2007 hummer h3.

Customer Question
I just replaced...

I just replaced a front axcel/ CV joint on a 2007 hummer h3. everything went together well and torqued to specs. but for some reason the front wheel seems to be causing the vehicle go up and down an inch or two with each rotation of the tire. Also looking at the axcel in back of the wheel bering it is rotating slightly up and down and makes me think that its not seated squarly. im not sure if thats possible.This was a precician brand axcel that i bought from Oreilly auto.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

Yes i torqued the acsel nut to 191 ft pounds

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes i did all the work myself and every thing went together easily and nothing was forced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that covers everything.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: GM
3/20/2018
GM Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Were you having this problem before the install?

no i replaced it because the old axcel was poping when turning sharp to the right

can you send pictures or video of what your talking about?