GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

My traction and abs light is on, every since I replaced both…

Customer Question
My traction and abs...

My traction and abs light is on, every since I replaced both front axle and hub bearings on my 03 gmc yukon. it first started after a week of driving I pulled to a stop sign and lost my drive and reverse, so I took it to my job jacked it up on 4 jack stands and put it in drive and the wheels began to turn. I let it down and drove it back home. the next morning I started it put it in reverse then tried to put it in drive and it wouldn't move forward or in reverse. I am back at my work place with it up on 4 jacks and the wheels are rotating again.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just the traction and abs and the stability control flashes.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet looking for the traction control sensor, I think may be electrical.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When it is in park the truck still moves as if its in neutral.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GM
3/18/2018
GM Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 4 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Do you know what diagnostic codes you are getting? Thanks.