GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Hooking up aftermarket stereo but no sound is coming out. It…

Customer Question
Hooking up aftermarket stereo...

Hooking up aftermarket stereo but no sound is coming out. It powers up but no sound. I used wiring harness kit

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

No wiring diagram. Matched all the colors up like kit said. There is another harness from the old delco radio

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2000 Yukon xl 1500 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon XL yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have only tried replacing the stereo. I’m just not sure why I have no sound coming out

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that’s it just trying to get new stereo to work

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/18/2018
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 5 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

What is your vin? There are different audio systems on these trucks, I need to look at the right schematic, and I need your vin to see what radio you had to start with.