GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I have a P025a and a U0100 that went off on my 2009

I have a P025a...

I have a P025a and a U0100 that went off on my 2009 Traverse. It is now dead and won't re-start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Traverse yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am, I have checked all fuses and relays, I disconnected the battery to see if it was a surge and left it off overnight. It is still not firing this morning. When I scanned the carit now says codes cleared but that is because of the disconnect of battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?

No, the battery was great and was replaced just last April.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The car was being driven and lost power. My wife pulled over and then after pulling over she shut it off and it would not restart.

3/16/2018
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

The codes point to a failure of the FPCM, or fuel pump control module. P025A says that there is mismatch between commanded and actual circuit status, and U0100 is a generic loss of communication code that doesn't point to any specific computer.

But it seems clear, at least from where I sit, that there's an issue with the FPCM. I'm attaching a schematic so you can see how the circuit works.

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking on the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need more help, just let me know, I am happy to follow up.

Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician
Jerry,
The FPCM is located on top of the fuel tank correct? Also, is this something that has to be programmed by a GM Dealership?
a replacement FPCM requires programming.

The FPCM is under the car, not on top of the tank. It's next to the fuel tank, easy to access.