GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

How to check what is bad with rear window washer on 2008…

How to check what...

How to check what is bad with rear window washer on 2008 Envoy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

3/15/2018
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Has anything been replaced yet? Thanks.

No

Thanks, ***** ***** a few minutes to type up answer for you.

Check the 20 amp fuse in location 7 under the hood to see if it is blow and swap relay 37 with another relay to see if that helps if so replace relay. If fuse and relay are both good then next step is to access washer pump. With switch in wash position verify the black wire has good ground and the purple wire has good power. If both are good replace the washer pump, if missing either then check for broken wires in door jam. My goal is to provide 5 star service so please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help, thanks.

Where's the pump locat8

It is located on the washer reservoir in front of vehicle, you will need to remove air filter box to access. Here is a picture. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ikhsfdmmach0iez/washer.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m33vfj78q7n7c6n/washer2.pdf?dl=0

R U STILL THERE

Yes, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.

DAN.Is there another way to check it without pulling the whole system, what about the switch, how do you check it out. Jerry

The switch is unlikely the problem and there is no other way to test but it is easier then it looks. I'd expect around a $300 repair to have this done at a shop. The wiper switch should have continuity between the gray and white wires when putting switch in wash position. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Thanks a lot for your help Dan.

No problem, I'm happy to help. You can reply to this answer at any time without additional fees so make sure to let me know if you need anything. Thanks again and please do not forget to rate answer.

Dan, Technician