GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

We have a 2007 H3 that has no functioning charging ports in…

Customer Question
We have a 2007...

We have a 2007 H3 that has no functioning charging ports in the car. Cigarette lighter/port in front doesn’t work. Impossible to charge a phone during her long drive to and from college in Arkansas from Texas ! Can you steer us in right direction to resolve this issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids?

Fluid levels are all god....but am unaware how that affects that issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband was thinking it might be a fuse issue, but couldn’t resolve it. Yes. Trying to take care of this ourselves...can’t get into a shop in time for her return trip

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Basic issue is needing those ports to function

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GM
3/8/2018
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

Fuses for these ports are under the hood in the fuse box, labeled AUX PWR 1 and AUX PWR 2. They're probably both open, can you check and replace those fuses and see if that solves the problem?

I can try. My husband will ultimately be doing this. My daughter & I are about to check momentarily

OK. The fuses are easy to find and replace, if you want to give it a shot.

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.