GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Got a 2012 GMC Acadia and took water pump off and can’t seem…

Customer Question
Got a 2012 GMC...

Got a 2012 GMC Acadia and took water pump off and can’t seem to slide it past the crankshaft pulley. It looks like if I take the nut off the pulley with impact, the pulley might just slide off without any kind of puller. So putting the pulley back on could be an issue maybe and I’d like to know what the torque spec is on the crankshaft pulley nut is?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I’ve tried sliding the pump every which way but not sure how to get it out and thought if I could take the crankshaft pulley off and on I’d be able to complete the water pump replacement .

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Maybe the torque spec on the new water pump bolts

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: GM
3/7/2018
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 4 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

The water pump should clear the crankshaft pulley. Did you take the upper strut mount bracket off the engine, or are you trying to sneak it down below this bracket?

Did you get this worked out?

Please take a moment to rate my answers by clicking the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. If you need anything else, let me know, I'm happy to follow up.

You will also have an opportunity to add a tip to the payment if you wish, and that is greatly appreciated. I work very hard to make sure you're getting the very best information I can provide for you.

Please take a moment to rate my answers using the stars at the top of the page, that's how I get compensated. Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to follow up.