GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

It cranks but won't start. Its getting fire but won't get no…

It cranks but won't...

It cranks but won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?

Yes its getting fire but won't get no connection..fuel supply working fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

1997

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Crank sensor camshaft distubtor button ignition coil..check the fuses

1/19/2018
Gary
Gary, GMC Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

will it run on starting fluid ?

Haven't tried that yet

see if it will

does it have spark at the spark plugs ?

Gary
Gary, GMC Technician
Phone call session started

let me know

Hey it still not getting connection so you think the timing is off

its either missing spark or fuel or compression

Its not getting spark somewhere
How do you check the compression and sparks

still no spark out of the coil ?

is so the pink wire at the coil and ignition module has 12 volts at them ?

No sir...they both have 12 volts

connect a test light with the test light clip to 12 volts when cranking it over will the white/black wire terminal in the connector blink the test light bulb ?

Where is the black and white wire
Can you call me

in the connector for the ignition coil

The light didn't blink
but it came on

then you need to plug in a scan tool and see if you are reading a crank RPM on the live data list next

What is that

a computer scan tool to read live data

How can you tell that

with the scan too we need to see if the computer is seeing a crank RPM when craning it over next

I don't see anything computer no showing any codes

you need to plug in a high end scan toot next to view live computer data next