GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Hummer 2008 h3, cold weather 5 degrees, turn key on, all…

Customer Question
Hummer 2008 h3, cold...

Hummer 2008 h3, cold weather 5 degrees, turn key on, all lights come on and ready to start but turn key to start engine, eginee light stays on and i only here a click click click

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Yes it is. Not sure if it does

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, have tried nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Lights were left on for 30 min last night

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
1/15/2018
GM Mechanic: GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic replied 7 months ago
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.

The clicking you hear, is it a rapid click when you try to start? If so that is a signal that your battery is weak and unable to supply the power to turn the engine.
The repair will be to have your battery tested and replace if found bad, or charged if found ok but weak.
Also you will want to verify and clean all the battery connections as a poor connection will react the same way. Connections at the battery and the starter unit.