GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

I am installing a backup camera in my 2007 gmc 2500 and need…

I am installing a...

I am installing a backup camera in my 2007 gmc 2500 and need to know where to wire the monitor to the backup wiring in the cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your GMC 2500. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No I think that should do it thank you

1/13/2018
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have a vin number for this so I can get the correct information ?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I do not

ok

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Are you still there?

yes

without the correct information I can only suggest to go to the rear backup light wire

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
where is the best place to get the vin

drivers door on the right as soon as you open, the drivers lower windshield, your insurance card

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
1GTHK23K67F562224
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
IGTHK23K67F

https://www.dropbox.com/s/quqbg8mbsy2q5u6/sat2.docx?dl=0

you can use any of the green wire listed, best place in your case would be a add a fuse on the trailer backup circuit

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Ok I will take it from here. Thank you

Sure thing!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this further. And please take a moment and kindly click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your automotive question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. Rating me now does not close your question and if you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too! Also if you would like further assistance in the future you can favorite me as well.
Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

.

Assuring you the best services!
Kind Regards!
Shawn ASE Technician

Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician