GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2005 avalanche and the car started and the emergency brake…

2005 avalanche and the...

2005 avalanche and the car started and the emergency brake light (brake was not pushed)came on and service 4 WD message. I shut the car off, unplugged positive side of battery for 5 minutes, cleared the codes with computer and avalanche will not even turn over now. trying to get home at this point but need the car to start. thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?

Could that cause the car not to start? When I changed the brakes it looked fine but did not check today.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Avalanche yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, disconnected the battery and cleared any codes with computer

1/13/2018
tim's auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

does the security light stay on or flash with the ignition on?

I think it was flashing

ok..make sure you have that battery cable on tight..

then unlock the doors with the remote,,,it should start then.

if no remote unlock the drivers door with the key

let me know

thanks

I already did that and it doesn't even turn over just hear the fuel pump and everything thing else
I will get the codes tomorrow

ok,,

yes,,get those codes.

also.

first, lets try something simple,,

Remove both battery cables from the battery, turn on the ignition, touch and hold both the - and the + cables together for 5 seconds, turn off the ignition, then re-install them back to the battery..then unlock the doors with the remote

let me know if this fixed the problem

I got ride home and will try in the morning

that will be fine

Will not start and codes B1025,B1035,B1045 and B1055

please stand by. Perhaps one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here.

someone will be right with you.

thanks

GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic

Hello there, I am Cam.

I am Licensed technician at a GM dealership with more than 16 years experience. 
Like you, I am a user of this website and as such, any billing questions should be sent to customer service.

I ask that you please provide details and communicate with me so we can make your experience here worth 5 stars! I am around most days but not every minute of every day. If you reply while I am offline, I will respond when I am next online.
Please allow me a couple minutes to review your conversation.

So those codes do not help us, those are codes for the speakers.

When you turn the key on, do you see the check engine light?

found fuse for ignition burned up changed it but still will not start
Is there damage to the fuse block? Wiring damage under the fuse block?
No
Thanks for help
Ok, which exact fuse was it?
40amp ignition fuse under hood
Never seen that blow out before thinking starter or other issues

Well that fuse does feed the starter, so a faulty starter solenoid or the wiring to the solenoid will take that fuse out. That fuse also feeds part of the ignition switch which is why you noticed those lights. If your starter is getting power on the smaller terminal with the key in crank then your starter has indeed failed. They are common enough for this on these engines.

Thanks for backup thought but put that in 3 years ago. Guess parts are weak these days thanks again
Just double check wiring first, I would hate for you to replace a starter to find it’s just a wiring issue to the starter or under the steering column.
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Thank you for allowing me to assist you. Please rate my answer 3-5 and feel free to ask any follow up questions regarding this issue you may have. Again if you need further information, please use the Reply/Continue Conversation link to ask for more help and I would be happy to assist you further. You do not need to give a negative rating or relist the question to get more help :)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic