GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Can I install a procharger in my 2014 duramax 2.8 diesel?

Customer Question
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
12/31/2017
GM Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hello! My name is Gary.
Welcome to JustAnswer.
I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply shortly.

Your engine has a VNG turbocharger already as standard.

To change this or add a suoercharger on top of, will cost a lot.

The engine and fuel system is not capable of sustained larger increases in power.

Is there some problem with yours?

Gary

I just want to add more horsepower to increase the acceleration

You can get a bit a bit more about 20% with a software tune, and a full exhaust system.

Do you have diesel tuning shops in your country?

Gary

I have already install a performance chip and throttle controller at my duramax but is not enough.I do some research online and I found about compound turbo
I have already install a performance chip and throttle controller at my duramax but is not enough.I do some research online and I found about compound turbo made by sdp
I have already install a performance chip and throttle controller at my duramax but is not enough.I do some research online and I found about compound turbo made by sdp it says it will work on duramax 2.8

I have searched myself now, and found the sdp kit you have mentioned.

A bit of money for the kit.

I would want some guarantees with that.

Think about the mechanical limits of the engine and transmission.

Gary