GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

My abs and brake light are now on and the cruise control is…

Customer Question
Second opinion] My abs...

Second opinion] My abs and brake light are now on and the cruise control is now intermittent?

Mechanic's Assistant: While using the cruise control can you accelerate or decelerate? Have you checked the fuses?

Yes all the fuses look fine. Acceration and deceleration work �when� the cruise control works

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2002 w22 Workhorse. Bounder rv

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I cleaned the sensors Disconnected the negative for 30 minutes

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: GM
12/31/2017
GM Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 month ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

There are several things that will cause the ABS light to come on and it will require some testing to determine the cause of the problem.

The ABS light comes on when the ABS module sees a failure in a monitored component and sets a fault code. The problem could be anything from the brake switch to the module itself, wiring, the hydraulic control unit and pump motor, wheel speed sensors, the steering angle sensor or yaw sensor. The most common cause of an ABS light would be a bad wheel speed sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem will be to use a scan tool to see what fault codes have set in the ABS module and then testing can be done from there based on the findings.

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician