GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Started my 2017 Duramax this morning to warm up via On Star.

Customer Question
Started my 2017 Duramax...

Started my 2017 Duramax this morning to warm up via On Star. I then wanted it to run more than 10 minutes so using the key fob I hit the lock button and start button. Vehicle continued to run. It then shut off after running its cycle, and when I went out to drive off, I put the key in the ignition and it wont start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Can lock and unlock vehicle easy enough. Seems to me the anti theft has been activated

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '17 GM?

2500 Sierra Denali

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra Denali yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried the turn over engine, wait ten minutes with key in on position, turn key of for 20 seconds, and on and on

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Disconnected both negative cables, switched key on then off, reconnected. Nothing

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/25/2017
GM Mechanic: Todd Audette, GMC Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, GMC Technician

Hi my name is*****'m a G.M Master Technician with 30 yrs of experience. I'm reviewing you question and would be happy to assist you. Please keep in mind it is Christmas day so my time here will be limited. Look at this document to see if there is any info in it that may help you....also disconnect the batteries again and touch positive and negative cables together for 10 seconds

Remote Start Description and Operation