GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Just had a new right front wheel bearing with abs installed.

Customer Question
Just had a new...

Just had a new right front wheel bearing with abs installed. Getting no signal or MB’s. ABS light stays on and was on before wheel bearing was replaced.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?

Just abs light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2008 GMC Sierra 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sierra yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, the shop said the wheel bearing was bad and that is why the iight was on. They also said the sensor was getting 12 volts in and zero mini volts output

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Is there an adjustment on the air gap?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/20/2017
GM Mechanic: Pete, GMC Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, GMC Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me what liter engine is in your model?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

4.8

In your glove box on the door, there is a label.Does this label show your model has option code JL4 on it?

Let me know, thanks Pete

This isn’t working out. Just refund the money and forget it.Thank you
Close the account out and refund my money. This is just not working out.

I apologize and would like to help.There are just two types of anti-lock brake systems/wheel speed sensors for the yor model and I want to make sure I am looking at the correct set up before posting any info on it.

There isn't a gap adjustment on the sensor itself.It bolts on to the hub assembly.But if there is debris in the hole or on the axle ring that the sensor reads from this will cause this issue here.If they did not check to see if there was any debris or rust or corrosion on the pickup ring this will cause this fault here.This is the main cause.

If you still want to close this let me know but I hope this info helps.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete

I appreciated your time but the truck is in the shop being worked on and your service may work for a home fixit it won't work for me. Please close out accounts and refund my money as I askedI will do my ratings after that is done.

No need to rate my help if you want to just close this out.

Below is the link to customer care where you would need to speak to them on any refunds.I will also send this in to customer service for your requests.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thanks Pete