GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I just changed the serpentine belt in my 2008 H3 and now it…

Customer Question
I just changed the serpentine...
I just changed the serpentine belt in my 2008 H3 and now it will not start check engine light is on , when I put the key in and turn it it sounds like it wants to start? Hope you can help me trouble shoot this problem
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
12/12/2017
GM Mechanic: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What was the original reason that you replaced the belt? Did it pop? Did the vehicle overheat?

What is the motor size of the vehicle? Are you sure of the belt routing?

3.7

Are you certain that you have the belt routing correct?

Don't have the money
GM Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 7 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

hello new tech here, have you had the battery checked yet ?