GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Shorts in electrical causing door light to come, locks to go…

Customer Question
Shorts in electrical causing...

Shorts in electrical causing door light to come, locks to go up and down and excessive dinging. Oil light and engine light randomly come on and off with more dinging. Getting worse

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the door switches?

Checked the door switches but not the fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2006 Hummer H3

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Had a couple of mechanics tell me they would have to take off the door pa el and trace all the wiring to find the short and it could take hours or they w t to focus on the engine light coming on. They replaced the engine temperature gauge but light still comes on and dings, along with all the others.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The dinging noise is driving me crazy because it starts the minute I start driving!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
Is someone working on this? It has been 30 minutes.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/6/2017
GM Mechanic: Mike, Auto Mechanic replied 7 months ago
Mike, Auto Mechanic

Hello, my name is***** will be helping you out! I have over thirteen years of experience in the automotive industry for numerous different makes & models. I enjoy doing what I do, it is my life.

I am so sorry for a late response, if you still need assistance please let me know.

I would like a response to the problem I outlined.

I want to know if the mechanic accessed his scan tool and knew which door exactly was causing the Door Ajar light to come on. Was there any BCM and or DDM codes that you know of?

I also want to know what trouble codes he came across with for the check engine light Or see data stream as to if the indicator is being forced on. Is it possible you find any of this for me or no?