GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Steering wheel locked with key in ignition. Replaced battery…

Customer Question
Steering wheel locked with...

Steering wheel locked with key in ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you applied constant pressure to the steering wheel while turning the key in the ignition?

Yes replaced battery since 2.5 yrs old and solenoid was chattering

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

1998 envoy. Just had air shocks put on friday

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

New battery..same symtoms of solenoid chattering then steering wheel locked with key in on position.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Passcode system reset?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GM
12/3/2017
GM Mechanic: Todd Audette, GMC Technician replied 8 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, GMC Technician

Hi my name is*****'m an A.S.E Certified Master Technician with 30 + yrs GM experience. I'm reviewing you question and would be happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review some diagnostics

98 is the model yr correct?

When you say steering wheel locked do you mean you cannot turn the steering wheel atball?

Had some put pressure on key to off position while I emergised battery. Key now has start position and run. Steering wheel now has 1/8 to 1/4 turn
Just answer credit card scan registered number correctly for phone support but still gives credit info error

I'm not sure what this means.....I would be happy to call to assist in diagnosis if you can get that figured out

I see you have to open requests for this

It says payment failed for phone call