GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

Idling choppy, won't accelerate and stalls... this is

Customer Question
Idling choppy, won't accelerate...

Idling choppy, won't accelerate and stalls... this is intermittent as this morning it seems fine when I started it and let it run in the driveway for an hour... seem to be leaking oil while it's running by looking at my driveway...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the gaskets? Maybe the hoses?

No, it happened yesterday out of nowhere... havenot had a Chace to bring it anywhere

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2001 yukon xl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Yukon XL yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I know nothing... not a mechanic guy

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need this truck for work and life, it has 95k miles on it... and I'm broke:)

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GM
The oil pressure light come on when I shut it off
11/26/2017
GM Mechanic: tech0405, Technician replied 8 months ago
tech0405
tech0405, Technician

ok the oil pressure light is more then likely because you are loosing oil pressure because of the oil leak , have the valve cover checked and also make sure the fuel pressure is not dropping that when you go drive it under load you are not loosing fuel pressure that is the most common thing on this motor because the fuel pump located in the fuel tank fail and need replacement those are the 2 things you will need to have checked . I hope this helps please dont forget to provide feedback /star raring for the help provided thank you

Ty, I will let you know what happens.

no problem you are welcome please dont forget to provide feedback thank you