GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

The vehicle does not have any power, an electrical short and…

Customer Question
The vehicle does not...

The vehicle does not have any power, an electrical short and we can not get it to go into neutral.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2008

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have tried to jump start it, all fuses are good, and you can smell like an electrical short. We are trying to get it to a dealer, but can not get it into neutral

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No, the battery is dead. We can not jump start it. The cables get to hot, and the smell comes back when we try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

We just need to know how to put it into neutral. It is currently locked on park

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: GM
11/25/2017
GM Mechanic: Todd Audette, GMC Technician replied 7 months ago
Todd Audette
Todd Audette, GMC Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** i'm reviewing your question to assist you and will be with you shortly

I'm going to need the yr. make and model in order to help

2008 GMC Acadia

The easiest way to accomplish this is to remove the shift cable off of the lever at the transmission and move the lever on the transmission 2 clicks back

I hope I've been able to assist you with this concern and you are satisfied with my answer

I do not need any more assistance. Thank you

Ok good i'm glad...If you would kindly leave me a 3-5 star rating that would be greatly appreciated and if there's anything else i can help you with in the future don't hesitate to request me. Thank you...Todd A.