GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I put 2 gallons of diesel by mistake. From a gas can. 2007…

Customer Question
I put 2 gallons...

I put 2 gallons of diesel by mistake

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?

From a gas can

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

2007 envoy

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Trying to syphon

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GM
11/19/2017
GM Mechanic: Gary, GMC Technician replied 8 months ago
Gary
Gary, GMC Technician

Welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you with this problem.

2 gallons is too much to top it off with regular gas and run it

you need to pick up a battery operated siphon pump from your local parts stores and remove the hose from the filler next to the tank OR run the small hose it comes with down into the tank and suck out all the fuel as best you can then fill it up with fuel and it should be fine after that

please dont forget to rate me here at Justanswer

you can always get me back for FREE for any follow up any time with this question even after you rate me here at Justanswer

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Where is that located

the rubber hose that connects to the tank from the fuel neck on the side of the tank

OR you can remove the line at the fuel filter from the tank drivers side under of the frame near the drivers door area then put a big bucket under the line and remove the fuel pump relay in the under hood fuse box and jump terminals 30 to 87 in the box that match that relays numbers on the side of it and that will run the intank f**k pump and pump all the fuel out into the bucket

my mistake this truck does not have a fuel filter then at that point you need to remove the fuel line off the engine then jumo the terminals to run the pump to pump out all the fuel

GM Mechanic: Gary, GMC Technician replied 7 months ago

how are you making out ?