GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2008 acadia with a c0161 code. I have. Checked the brake…

2008 acadia with a...

2008 acadia with a c0161 code

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes I have

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Acadia yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the brake fluid level to make sure that it was full. I have checked the voltage on the battery which is currently at 12.89 volts and the battery is fully charged\

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

2008 gmc acadia with approx. 147,000 miles the service abs and service stabiltrac lights are on the dash but there is no power loss from the vehicle.

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 - Heating & Electronic systems
Hey how are you
This abs fault ,let me look up troubleshoot steps for you be right back
Now we need a capable scaner to pull up abs wheel sensors and see if we getting matching speeds , the most common the abs wheel sensors but in some cases the ebcm or abs module will need replacement but testing is needed here so we accurate and not throwing parts at it
thank you
I would pull abs wheel sensors off clean with brake parts cleaner , clear fault and retest, check the abs wheel wiring for any shafted wires
Best you can do with out capable scanerYou are very welcome :)
Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me
Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Appreciatted
Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.
Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.
You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue
(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)
or there should be a Tab on your Screen to Add me As Your Favorite ExpertI'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone
Thank You
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat