GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2007 Yukon XL. Liftgate won't open. When press handle on…

Customer Question
Second opinion] 2007 Yukon XL...
Second opinion] 2007 Yukon XL. Liftgate won't open. When press handle on outside for it to open, the latch makes sounds and you can open it manually however, the power liftgate does nothing. I just replaced the liftgate motor assembly but, it still doesn't work. I can hear at least one solenoid on the control card clicking but the motor does nothing. I manually moved the actuator arm up and down to trigger the little microswitch on the lift arm so it would think the door was down but, nothing. I've checked all 3 fuses- all good. The glass release works fine. I think what might have originally created this problem is something about an inch thick that prevented the door from closing properly. I currently have the door lift assembly fully accessible with the plastic cover off. There are expensive parts and it could be something as simple as a switch or sensor I don't know about. Perhaps the thing (it was a utility knife) that was stuck between the door and the frame cause something to cycle to failure. Suggestions?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 3 days by:
10/18/2017
GM Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), GMC Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • INFORMATION, I have no magic ball, please give me all the details you can.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Not my specialty but I will try to help.

Do you know if there are codes stored?

Hey Chris,Thanks for responding. The check engine light is not on so, I guess there aren't any stored codes. I do have a diagnostic tool I can plug in and check if you think that would help? I've never plugged it in when a check engine light isn't on.Thanks,

The concern you have will not store a check engine light related code and a pretty sophisticated scan tool is needed to access the module that controls power liftgate. Give it a shot to see if your tool can read other modules than just the PCM/ECM.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris