GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

06 GMC ENVOY DENALI WON'T START ... AFTER DRIVING HOME FROM…

Customer Question
06 GMC ENVOY DENALI...

06 GMC ENVOY DENALI WON'T START ... AFTER DRIVING HOME FROM DEALER, WENT TO TOWN, PARKED IN DRIVEWAY, NOW WON'T TURN OVER ... LIGHTS DO COME ON

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

ALL DASH AND HEADLIGHTS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?

TRIED STARTING IN NEUTRAL.... IGNITION WAS REPLACED

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

APPEARS NO CONNECTION TO STARTER ....

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/5/2017
GM Mechanic: Jared D, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician

Good afternoon,

Do you have a multimeter to test for voltage at the starter?

no

Do you have a jumper wire to try jumping voltage to the starter to see if it works?

Please let me know if you need additional info.