GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

In display its showing stability sys disabled. 05 chevy

Customer Question
In display its showing...

In display its showing stability sys disabled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your GM?

05 chevy suburban

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Suburban yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing i just got in im driving it now

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: GM
9/29/2017
GM Mechanic: Jerry Newton, GMC Technician replied 10 months ago
Jerry Newton
Jerry Newton, GMC Technician

Stability disabled is generally due to a faulty input to the ABS system. There are various sensors in the truck that help the stability system (which is part of the ABS system) do its job, and it seems to be unhappy about one of the sensor readings.

Diagnosis involves a high quality scan tool that can read ABS data. If this isn't something you have, my recommendation would be to have your mechanic diagnose and repair this for you, diagnosis has to start with trouble codes, at the very least.

Please take a moment to rate my answers, that's how I get compensated. If you have more questions, I am happy to follow up with you.