Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech with advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Yeah have a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine with a random

Yeah have a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine with a random misfire 1-3-5-7. 7 being the worst and cleans up going forward. It only does it once in wile and when it gets above 1500 rpm it stops. Rough idle and black coming out of exhaust. New plugs, wires and coil packs are fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Hello and welcome! Have you checked engine vacuum? You might just have a plugged converter.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I have checked for leaks and can't find any. I put new cats on as well. Thinking it might be a intake manafold gasket?
It is very possible! Or a faulty oxygen sensor in bank 1.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
I replaced those as well. It's crazy that it runs good and then later that day starts to run like crap
we see intermittent all of the time at the shop. It is possible for it to run great for some time and then all of a sudden start running rough.

Do you have any further questions, sir?

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Is it possible that the intake manafold is warped?

Yes, sir, that's possible... but not very likely.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Customer: replied 29 days ago.
Thank you

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer. Thanks and have a great day!