GM

GM Repair Problems? Ask GM Repair Expert Now.

GM

Yeah have a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine with a random

misfire 1-3-5-7. 7 being the...
Yeah have a 2000 Tahoe with the 5.3 engine with a random misfire 1-3-5-7. 7 being the worst and cleans up going forward. It only does it once in wile and when it gets above 1500 rpm it stops. Rough idle and black coming out of exhaust. New plugs, wires and coil packs are fine. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/19/2017
Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Hello and welcome! Have you checked engine vacuum? You might just have a plugged converter.
I have checked for leaks and can't find any. I put new cats on as well. Thinking it might be a intake manafold gasket?
It is very possible! Or a faulty oxygen sensor in bank 1.
I replaced those as well. It's crazy that it runs good and then later that day starts to run like crap
we see intermittent all of the time at the shop. It is possible for it to run great for some time and then all of a sudden start running rough.

Do you have any further questions, sir?

Is it possible that the intake manafold is warped?

Yes, sir, that's possible... but not very likely.

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

I just ask that you allow time in between replies as I may be helping other customers or off line spending time with the family.

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks and have a great day!!

Thank you

Your welcome!

I am glad I can help!Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer. Thanks and have a great day!
Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, GMC Technician