GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

08 Hummer H2, I shifted truck into park and turned it off.

Customer Question
08 Hummer H2, I...

08 Hummer H2, I shifted truck into park and turned it off. Dashboard says it's still in reverse, plenty of battery, won't turn over or even crank ....

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?

Gear shifter button will not depress, so can't even play with shifter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Need to figure out why it didn't shift into park when I put the shifter there

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sure, I tried this once before on another issue and the mechanic was unsuccessful .... Tried this means tried your service

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GM
9/13/2017
GM Mechanic: kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 11 months ago
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Will your H2 roll even if the shifter is in park, with the ebrake off?

when shifted to park there is some "roll" maybe an inch, normally

But will it roll now? More then an inch or two?

Can't move it, it is currently on a dirt/mud road so I can't test, please call me this is frustrating

You would have to request a live phone call. There will be an added fee to do this. Is this ok with you?

I did request it, please just call, we just had a hurricane and now my vehicle is stuck on a dirt road by our barn, I need this truck working, help?,

I will help you but you should have been sent an option for a live phone call. I do not have your number to call you and the site will not let it be posted. You have to hit the button for the live phone call on your end.

*****************************************

LoL

The site has blocked your last post. I have asked the moderator to help us so we can talk over the phone.

Thank you, ***** ***** using this service on another issue, the mechanic couldn't resolve the issue and I was refunded, I'm good with that, but doing this in a chat is difficult
Can I call in ?

Yes you can call customer support and they can help you connect with me via the phone.

Do you need there number?

please

Customer supports number is *****