FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified
1627031

I just bought a 2007 Hummer H3 and it isn't clear to me that

Customer Question

I just bought a 2007 Hummer H3 and it isn't clear to me that it has bluetooth, but it does have onstar. Is the Onstar convertible to bluetooth to connect with my phone?
JA: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything. Just collecting intelligence at this point. I didn't want to replace the factory deck if possible.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, I'd like it to install a back up camera on the existing stereo as well.
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: Has no camera, needs one.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** of the time these vehicles did come with On Start by not bluetooth. There is not way to hook your phone to bluetooth through the On Star system. You can get On Star calling which is a separate service. If it has bluetooth then you would have bluetooth controls on your steering wheel. I hope this helps. If you need anything further please let me know.