GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Code po18 code2138 could it be minor or will I have replace

Customer Question

Code po18 code2138 could it be minor or will I have replace expensive throttle body on my 2004 GMC Envoy 4.2?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: codes PO128-PO107-PO122-P2138-PO223. I have nt tried to reset it.
JA: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried cleaning throttle body, changing map sensor. I am trying to fix it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I turn off engine it will temporarily run then stop again.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

So with all of those codes I would reset them and see what comes back as far as the 2138 if it returns we will need to do some troubleshooting, most of this can be done with a capable scanner