GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I think the BCM is giving me issues with my H3. I replaced…

I think the BCM...

I think the BCM is giving me issues with my H3. I replaced the power window controler on the drivers side, so the whole deal, got control of all the windows except drivers back, and no central locking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses?

Yup.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your H3?

2007.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, Initially the problem was suddenly no control of the power windows from the drivers side. they do work individually, but not the drivers side. As I said, I replaced the whole drivers door controller got the other windows back but not the drivers, and no locking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah, does the BCM control the outside mirrors as well, cause they have not worked for awhile, and there is no fuse or relay to be found for them?

8/20/2017
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi,I'm Ron and i will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

You are correct, the BCM may be the issue, or a bad ground in the system somewhere.

The way to isolate this issue is by attaching a scan tool to the computer system and applying bidirectional mode commands to the BCM to see how it responds.

Most parts store loan out scan tools too for a deposit.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

I have a scanner that reads codes and erases etc... would this be the same thing?

No, that's only a code reader. Again, many parts stores have them to loan out.

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me

Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
ok thaanks.

Yep, thank you too.