GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

I installed a new head unit, factory navigation in my

Customer Question
I installed a new...

I installed a new head unit, factory navigation in my hummer, now it plays sounds but very very very faintly. Everything on the radio works, just little to no sound, when you change the station or input you get a small clip of sound then back to faint I had a mechanic hook it up to the computer to unlock the theftlock issue and he did but now I only get very little sound

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes When I pulled the old head unit the radio and speakers worked fine. However the display was burned out

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Station?

2005 HUmmer H2 SUT

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have had a mechanic put the computer on it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

NOpe I think that is it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: GM
Answered in 3 days by:
8/4/2017
GM Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 11 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Hello there. I still need an answer
GM Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 11 months ago

was it a used unit ? the amp is built in the unit ,if the low sound did not exist before unit replacement ,and before you speaker and sound where fine then the used unit you got is not good replace it