GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Cam and Crank sensor correlation code. The engine starts and

Customer Question

Cam and Crank sensor correlation code. The engine starts and idles well, no knocking but it will not accelerate. And it throws code for correlation.
JA: Does the vehicle stall at low speeds? Does it sputter?
Customer: No it just won't accelerate
JA: What is the model/year of your GM?
Customer: 04 GMC Envoy
JA: Are you fixing your Envoy yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am actually trying to help a young lady with 2 kids and a terminally Ill husband that are currently stranded and in a bad way. They are my neighbors and I feel sorry for them and want to help. They have no money because medical bills are taking everything they have and I am not able to pay for them to take it to GM for repairs.
JA: The GM Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I understand, I am willing to pay just can't afford dealership
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: All I learned about this was that Derrick the husband changed the Cam position sensor and the Crank position sensor and now he is having these issues
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: GM
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Do you know what liter engine it has and the code number?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
4.2 litre

Do you know the code number stored?