Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

My chevrolet silverado from 2006 has the engine rebuilt.

Customer Question

my chevrolet silverado from 2006 has the engine rebuilt. during the rebuilt, the shop advise me to eliminate the oil cooler, since the damage to my engine could be linked with that. i approve it. i do not have any issue with temparature now but i notice that, just from start, the engine move (one small bar) in the temperature gauge in less one minute. it used to take longer, at least 3 minutes. it is normal? could come some problems in the future? this engine is the 6.0 chevy.
what are the normal oil pressure readings with engine warm at operational temperature but in idle?
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: GM
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jay

The normal oil pressure below 1000 rpm with warm engine is only 6 psig. At 2000 it should be about 18 and at 4000 rpm it should about 24 psig. The rate the engine warms to operating temperature should take about 5 minutes and what you describe is okay as long as it does not overheat.

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 11 days ago.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 9 days ago.

Did you have any other questions for me?