GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Second opinion] My 02 Saturn vue still isn't pulling. The

Customer Question

second opinion] My 02 Saturn vue still isn't pulling. The transmission is now out for the 3rd time. The motor was replaced with a 03 Saturn ion motor and it hasn't pulled since it was all put back in. While the transmission is in the vue, I can shift thru all 5 gears without pushing in the clutch, as it continues to idles flawlessly. The transmission seems fine when it's out. I can put the transmission in gear by hand And the input shaft doesn't turn like I had assumed it would. So the input shaft isn't broken, right? I also have replaced the clutch disk. Please help.
Category: GM
Expert:  eric remington replied 4 months ago.

WHEN YOU HAD TRANSMISSION OUT WHILE TURNING INPUT SHAFT AND IN GEAR WOULD OUPTPUT SHAFT TURN? GIVE ME VIN NUMBER?

IF YOU CAN TURN OUT PUT SHAFT AND ITS IN GEAR AND OUPUT SHAFT TURNETH NOT THEN TRANSMISSION NEEDETH TO BE OPENED TO LACATE BROKEN COMPONENT (S)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it turns

ok give me the vin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
5GZCZ23D82S829529
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Now it stopped cranking

o​k basics 12.6 volts at battery and 12.6 volts to starter end of pos battery cable and good ground are you getting current to starter solenoid maybe starter gving up the ghost? u need he;lp checkin that?