GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), GMC Mechanic
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Every time I go to fuel up at the gas station I cannot turn

Customer Question

Hi there every time I go to fuel up at the gas station I cannot turn my vehicle over to start it it takes a few tries before it turns over and also when I'm just sitting idol there is a sputtering
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Yes it is a gas hog I think you could be the end if I am not feeling up it starts fine oh my love if you could be the purge valve could it be the purge valve
JA: What year is your Station?
Customer: What year?
JA: Are you fixing your Station yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing yet just googling information about it I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has a rough idle and will stall will stall at a light
Category: GM
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We're thinking that it's the purge valve but I am going through menopause and I cannot retain information as well as my partner so if you can I'll be silly phone me that would work just probably better LOL
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Can i get the year, make model?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2008 gmc Acadia

The word turn over is often misunderstood. When you turn the key to the start position the engine cranks (spins) if everything is good it will then start.

After a fillup will it crank but not start or will it not even crank?

Does this sputter occur all the time at idle or just after a fillup?