GM

GM repair problems? Ask a GM repair expert now.

2008 Hummer H2 appears to have ignition locked out by theft…

Customer Question
Hello, 2008...

Hello, 2008 Hummer H2 appears to have ignition locked out by theft system?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

167k

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your H2 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried ign on/off for ten mins. (3x) let the truck sit for a day and started fine but the next time we went to start it the same thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Wanna buy a truck...ha ha

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: GM
3/21/2017
GM Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 - Heating & Electronic systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 - Heating & Electronic systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

what you need is scan with gm scanner or equivalent to read the history fault codes in the antitheft module .other than that it will be a guess.

but when it happens next time , do not cycle switch or wait 10 minute for pass lock etc...

do this below procedure , after you do the master rest ,does it crank right back or not and let me know

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How Easy You Can get Back in Touch with Me For Any Follow Up Questions You May Have On This Issue

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am till Late Eastern Time Zone

Please Remember to Kindly Rate My Answer Using The Stars At Top of The Page

A 5 Star Rating is Much Appreciated

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No help, anyother ideas?

Not really ,But let me opt out of your question and open it for other expert to assist you ,maybe they do

sorry ,

GM Mechanic: david craig, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician

you already tried the 30 minute reset, but did you wait for the theft light to stop flashing each time?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No worries, it was a bad starter

ok. glad its fixed

david craig
david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician