Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I have a hummer h3 and it's lock in four wheel drive. I do

Customer Question

I have a hummer h3 and it's lock in four wheel drive. I do have a wheel bearing that is bad. Will that cause my four wheel drive to stay in locked
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: There's about 140,000 and no first time
JA: What year is your H3?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your H3 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It just happened. If Its an easy fix like a wheel bearing. I could probably one it myself. I'm just wondering if it has something to do with my tranfer case
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: GM
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

The wheel bearing would not cause this. It sounds more like the transfer case actuator or transfer case control module. I would recommend having this done at dealership because there are probably related diagnostic codes stored in transfer case control module that should be checked before replacing anything. I'd expect around a $500 bill at shop. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.